TO LISTEN TO MORE OF SPRENKLE'S MUSIC FOR BRASS VISIT
ABQ AUDIO PAGE #1
ABQ AUDIO PAGE #1
- Six Songs (1981) for mezzo-soprano and brass quintet (text by Emily Dickinson) was commissioned for, and premiered and recorded by, mezzo-soprano Elaine Bonazzi and the ABQ.
- A Serenade To Music (1981) for Crescent String Quartet, Annapolis Brass Quintet, Western Wind Vocal Sextet (text by Shakespeare) and premiered in July 1981 for Artpark's 2nd annual Chamber Music Feast.
- Three Sketches on a Southern Hymn Tune (1981) for brass quintet.
- Quaker Bottom (1982) Three Vignettes for brass quintet and orchestra written for and premiered by ABQ & Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, and performed in 1984 for broadcast with the Bavarian Radio Orchestra.
- Three Fanfares (1984) for brass quintet (ABQ's fanfare for '87 opening of Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall)
- Diana's Hymns (1987) for chorus, mezzo-soprano, brass quintet & piano (texts by various poets)
- An Aubade (1988) for brass quintet was written for and premiered at 20th International Astronomical Union Ceremonies in Baltimore
- Sister Anne (1988) for vocal sextet and brass quintet (text from James Weldon Johnson's God's Trombones)
- Darius Green and His Flying-Machine (1988) for two choirs, solo soprano, brass quintet, & piano (text by John Townsend Trowbridge)
- Early Music Suite After Susato, Scheidt and Pezel (1984) for brass quintet and orchestra
- The Creation (1990) for chorus, children's choir, mezzo-soprano, brass quintet, piano (text by James Weldon Johnson) and premiered by Columbia Pro Cantare and ABQ March 3, 1990
- Birches (1991) for chorus and brass quintet (text by Robert Frost) premiered by Columbia Pro Cantare and ABQ
- Diversions on a Repeated Sequence (1991) for brass quintet was written for and premiered at the 8th International Congress of Human Genetics Ceremonies in Washington, DC
- Crossing Brooklyn Ferry (1993) for chorus and brass quintet (text by Walt Whitman) and premiered March 28, 1993 by Columbia Pro Cantare: Frances Dawson, Conductor, and Annapolis Brass Quintet: Robert Suggs and David Cran, trumpets; Sharon Tiebert, horn; Wayne Wells, trombone; Robert Posten, bass trombone. The "Interlude" from Sprenkle's Crossing Brooklyn Ferry was the final piece performed by the Annapolis Brass Quintet on their April 1993 Farewell concerts.